MIT’s Most Stylish: 2013 Edition

by Jay London on March 14, 2013 · 0 comments

in Alumni Life, Design, In the News, Modern Geekhood

It’s official: MIT is a pretty stylish place. For the second year a row, The Boston Globe named two MITers among the 25 Most Stylish Bostonians: Jessica Rosenkrantz ’05 and School of Architecture + Planning Dean Adèle Naudé Santos.

Jessica Rosenkrantz ’05

The eighth annual list, compiled by The Globe’s Style Magazine staff, aims to pinpoint Greater Boston’s chic elite. Honorees are chosen based on a non-scientific method of “staring at people at parties, gossiping with hairdressers, and asking previous Most Stylish Bostonians.”

Rosenkrantz and Jesse Louis-Rosenberg ’08 founded Nervous System, a design studio that uses computer simulation to create art and jewelry based on patterns and processes found in nature.

“My background is in biology and architecture, and while I appreciate fashion, I never thought I would be in the industry. We write software that generates designs, and jewelry is a convenient way to monetize our work.”

Adele Naude Santos

According to The Globe, Naudé Santos takes the same approach to solving design problems as she does to choosing a wardrobe: practical and pragmatic.

“I really believe in timeless style so that there’s no date on it. I never attempt to be fashionable in the true sense of the word. The clothes I buy I can wear for 20 years. I can just recycle them.”

Rosenkrantz and Naudé Santos are at least the seventh and eighth MITers to be named among Boston’s most stylish. Past honorees include:

Are there more MITers who deserve mention among the Hub’s most stylish? It’s not too early to nominate someone for a spot in 2014.

Related: MIT’s Most Stylish—2012 Edition

{ 0 comments… add one now }